Mr. Pitak Pruittisarikorn, Chief Operating Officer of Honda Automobile (Thailand) Co., Ltd., said, “The new Honda Accord Hybrid is automotive perfection with many dimensions of advanced technology and safety systems. With its luxury design from exterior to interior, I’m confident that the new Honda Accord Hybrid is the perfect response to the new generation of executives’ demands for a car that will reflect their identity and vision of being ahead of others.”
The new Honda Accord Hybrid comes with a Sport Hybrid Intelligent Multi Mode Drive (i-MMD). A 2.0-Liter, 16-valve, Atkinson Cycle Double Overhead Camshaft (DOHC) i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine is combined with two powerful electric motors, an E-CVT transmission, and an ultra-high 1.3 kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery that offers better electrical transmission and charging performance, to create a maximum output of 215 horsepower. The driving mode switches intelligently to match all driving conditions, such as an EV Drive Mode that uses only the electric motors to reach speeds up to 120 km/h, a Hybrid Drive Mode, and an Engine Drive Mode. For a sportier and more exciting drive, the new Honda Accord Hybrid includes a Sport Drive Mode. By pressing the “sport” button on the center console, Sport Drive Mode uses the battery to help boost the electric motors for better acceleration. The Sport Hybrid Intelligent Multi Mode Drive (i-MMD) is a full hybrid system that provides power for performance and fuel economy of 23.8 km/L with carbon emissions of only 99 gram/km.
The new Honda Accord Hybrid offers the advanced “Honda SENSING” vehicle safety system that combines a radar and a monocular camera to detect and alert the driver, It also helps control the vehicle when there is a risk of a car accident for the safety of both the driver and pedestrians. The Honda SENSING package features four systems, including:
- Adaptive Cruise Control system (ACC): Not just an ordinary cruise control that maintains the cruising speed set by the driver, Honda’s new system scans the distance to and speed of traffic ahead, then automatically adjusts the cruising speed when needed to maintain a proper distance in front of the vehicle.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): When there is a vehicle ahead at a distance that poses a risk of collision, the CMBS’ audio-visual Multi-Information Display (MID) alerts the driver. This includes vibration alerts inside the steering wheel to alert the driver if the system detects an oncoming vehicle. If the situation is not resolved, the CMBS can apply different levels of autonomous braking action to help reduce vehicle speed. Using sensor detection, the CMBS can also recognize pedestrians.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Using a camera to detect lane markings helps the driver to maintain the proper lane position by applying corrective torque to the steering wheel.
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW): If the car is unintentionally beginning to move out of the detected lane, the LDW will display an alert on the Multi-Information Display (MID) with a vibration alert in the steering wheel. If the situation is not resolved, the brake system will activate to assist the driver in braking to reduce speed to return to a lane marked with a solid line, which reduces the risk of accidents.
The new Honda Accord Hybrid is also equipped with a complete array of safety features including the Honda LaneWatch blind-spot display with a camera on the passenger-side mirror that provides a view on the 7.7 inch screen; a multi-angle rearview camera for better rearward vision when reversing the vehicle with three perspectives: 130-degree, 180-degree, and top-down views; Active Cornering Lights (ACL) that enhance nighttime visibility when the vehicle is turning; Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS); and six airbags including dual front i-SRS airbags, i-Side airbags, and side curtain airbags for advanced safety protection to help prevent driver and passenger injuries for greater safety during every journey.
LED headlights with Daytime Running Lights (DRL); newly-designed blue-frame LED taillights; a Clear Blue accented front grill; rear trunk spoiler; and sporty new alloy wheels give the new Honda Accord Hybrid a uniquely luxurious yet sporty exterior design.
Inside the spacious cabin, the new Honda Accord Hybrid features a full range of standard equipment with premium functions. This includes an Engine Remote Start; a touch-screen audio system that supports Apple CarPlay; a Multi-function Steering Wheel with simple fingertip control of the car’s systems; and new sleek brown leather seats.
To ensure the quality of the new Honda Accord Hybrid, Honda provides a 10-year warranty on the battery and a 5-year warranty on the entire Honda Hybrid system with no limit on mileage. Honda is also offering a Privilege Package to extend the warranty period for Ultimate Care for an additional two years or 40,000 kilometers, which means total coverage of five years or 140,000 kilometers and free maintenance (labor/parts/check up) for five years or 100,000 kilometers for customers who buy a new Honda Accord Hybrid from today until 31 August 2016.
The new Honda Accord Hybrid is available in two variants — the HYBRID at 1,659,000 baht and the Hybrid TECH at 1,849,000 baht, with a choice of four colors: Modern Steel Metallic, Lunar Silver Metallic, White Orchid Pearl, and Crystal Black Pearl. The interior is available in three colors: ivory, black, and the new brown color.
People interested in experiencing Honda’s most advanced hybrid automobile can visit any Honda showroom nationwide or go to www.honda.co.th/accordhybrid. Media can search or download more details at http://media.honda.co.th
- Features vary according to variants.
- Interior color depends on exterior color.
- Crystal Black Pearl costs an additional 8,000 baht and White Orchid Pearl costs an additional 12,000 baht.