Vietnam Motor Show 2018 is held by the Vietnam Automobile Manufacturers’ Association and the Vietnam Car Importers Association. Honda Vietnam participates in the exhibition with a total square up to nearly 600m2, the third largest booth and 8 display models with the theme “Challenging Spirit and Passion”. With this theme, Honda Vietnam would like to excite and convey to customers the inspiration for endless passion and the spirit of non-stop challenge, breaking all the limits to create the new benchmarks.
With the theme “Challenging Spirit and Passion”, Honda’s booth is designed with modern, futuristic and sporty style, highlighted in two main colors: Red and White. While the red creates a strong impression, transmits intensive emotions to customers, simultaneously, exciting and encourage the hidden passions, the white creates the feeling of infinity space where there’s no limit or barrier for innovation.
Revolving around the message that Honda Vietnam brings to Vietnam Motor Show 2018, Honda’s booth will display the prestigious models of Honda Global to excite and convey to customers the spirit of challenge and passion.
Civic Type R and F1 racing car of Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda
The spotlight of Honda’s booth at the exhibition is the appearance of world-renowned sporty cars, satisfying customers who are passionate about auto racing.
- Civic Type R is Honda’s iconic sport racing car with the spirit of relentless challenge. The demonstration is that Civic Type R now is the world’s fastest front-wheel-drive car with the lap time record of 7 minutes 43.8 seconds in Nürburgring Nordschleife, Germany in 2017. Civic Type R owns the breakthrough sporty design of a full sport racing car with the sharp and bold shape. All the details are finely and definitively refined, creating a unique look, differentiating from any other sporty cars. The advanced aerodynamic design not only assists the car an excellent performance, but also makes the car's appearance more aggressive. Customers will be impressed by the stunning interior design of Civic Type R. Cabin is in the perfect sporty design, integrating with the most advanced technologies, giving the driver a sense of owning a technology center.
- F1 racing car of Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda is fitted with Honda RA618H power unit. 2018 is the first year that Honda officially become the partner with Scuderia Toro Rosso with two racing drivers: Pierre Gasly and Brendon Hartley in F1 Racing Championship. Honda participates in F1 racing championship with the spirit of striving and competing on each round, assuming challenges as the inspiration for breaking all the barriers.
Honda Brio Prototype
At the exhibition this year, this is the first time Honda Vietnam introduces an all-new compact model with the breakthrough sporty design - Honda Brio Prototype, a small, versatile and fuel efficient car. Since being launched in 2011 for the first time, the model has been sold in many countries, received many prestigious awards in other markets, especially Indonesia: FORWOT Car of the Year 2012; Best City Car of the Year (Carmall.com); Best City Car New Comer (Autocar Award 2013); Best City Hatchback (OTOMOTIF Award 2013); Best Fuel Consumption (Autobild Award 2012); Best Small Hatchback (Autobild Award 2012); and the 2nd Winner Favorite Car at IIMS 2012. In Philippines, Brio also achieved the reputable award: Auto Focus Media's Choice Award for Best Engine Performance: Mini.
Featuring a sporty and stylish design with a versatile cabin and spacious trunk, the model not only meets the basic travel demands but also assists owners to strongly elevate the personal style. In addition, with a range of superior safety features and outstanding fuel economy, customers can enjoy the fun-to-drive with no fuel consumption concern. Honda Brio Prototype promises to be the ideal selection for customers in the segment A, which is scheduled to be launched in Vietnam soon.
Honda HR-V, Honda HR-V Mugen, Honda CR-V
The presence of two luxury SUV models: Honda HR-V and Honda CR-V at Honda’s booth represents Honda's efforts to deliver premium experiences beyond expectation.
- Honda HR-V: Following the success of models which marked up Honda Automobile brand in the Vietnamese market, in September, 2018, Honda Vietnam continued to launch the all-new Honda HR-V, the pioneer in the segment B-SUV, offering customers a new selection with the outstanding values: “Stylish – Comfortable – Economical”. Since its first launch in Japan in 2013, Honda HR-V has made a breakthrough and become popular with impressive sales in more than 100 countries around the world with accumulated sales of 1.8 million units (as of August 2018). HR-V was highly appreciated by customers worldwide and achieved prestigious awards in major markets such as Subcompact SUV for the money 2018 in the United States (according to U.S. News & World Report), Crossover of the year 2017 in Malaysia and Thailand (according to the iCar Asia People's Choice Awards), Top 10 world best-selling cars in the first half of 2018 (according to Jato Dynamics).
- Honda HR-V Mugen: In particular, Honda HR-V Mugen with new accessories will offer new experience to customers. Manufactured by M-TEC Company, a leading manufacturer in the field of providing engines and accessories in the world’s most prestigious racing championship: F1, Super Formula, Super GT, Mugen kit not only highlights the dynamic and modern style of the urban model but also enhances the social status and excitings the pioneering spirit of the owner. The kit includes 8 decoration enhancements: 17-inch alloy-wheel, front under spoiler, side under spoiler, tail gate spoiler, body side sticker, exterior emblem, interior emblem.
- Honda CR-V- the 5th generation: Inheriting the core values that build world’s desirable CR-V brand: Boldness, Durability & Versatility, applying completely new 7-seat design and turbo engine together with a variety of advanced technologies, Honda CR-V – the 5th generation sets a new benchmark of values “Powerful – Comfortable - Premium”. By the end of the first nine months of 2018, Honda CR-V achieved impressive sales of 5,965 units sold, increasing 66% compared to the same period in 2017, becoming one of Honda Vietnam's best-selling models. Not only being favored in Vietnam, Honda CR-V is proud to be one of two best-selling SUV models worldwide in 2017 (statistic by Focus2move.com).
Honda City L Modulo and Honda Jazz RS Mugen
On-sale models: Honda City, Honda Jazz also appear with new look, equipped with accessories: Mugen, Modulo, arousing endless passion.
- Honda City L Modulo: Maintaining the proven values such as “fun-to-drive” performance, fuel efficiency, along with attractive price, after over 4 years since the official introduction in the Vietnamese market, Honda City has become one of the leading models in the segment B, consecutively being in Top 10 best-selling models monthly in 2017. Focusing on three factors: High-end design – Optimal utility – Outstanding safety, Honda City demonstrates to be the “value for money” selection for customers who are young and succesful, enjoy dynamism, modern and maximum comfort and safety.
Modulo accessory kit (Modulo is the name of a Honda technology that was launched in November 1996 in Japan, representing the ultimate goal of design, performance and quality to create accessories with superior standards for Honda cars.) Modulo accessories were first introduced in 2009, applied on two models: Honda Civic, Honda CR-V and later on new models such as Honda Accord and Honda City.
- Honda Jazz RS Mugen: Introduced in the Vietnamese market for the first time in August, 2017 and officially sold in April 2018, Honda Jazz - the five-door hatchback representing the new era of Honda has gradually affirmed the brand in the mindset of customers, become the leading selection in the segment B. In just 6 months from the official sales time, the sales of Honda Jazz continued to grow impressively, becoming one of the three best-selling models of Honda Vietnam. This achievement is due to the core values Honda has built up on Jazz: practicality, fuel efficiency, joy of driving, affordability, and especially sporty and dynamic design to satisfy the youth who love enjoying life in the most interesting way.
In addition, when visiting Honda’s booth, customers also have the opportunity to enjoy the excellent performance, participate in interactive activities and experience the impressive technology equipments: Discover cars with the Augmented Reality (AR), GIGA selfie… satisfying the passion of car and technology lovers.
Participating in Vietnam Motor Show 2018 with the theme “Challenging Spirit and Passion”, Honda Vietnam not only introduces products and technologies which are being developed but also wants to exciting and convey to customers the spirit of accepting all the challenges, pursuing the passion. This also clearly demonstrates Honda Vietnam’s mission of being decated to serve all the people with “free, safe and comfortable life”, expanding their joys.